Monday, April 19, 2010

Weather to Behavior

Do you ever notice when it rains for a substantial amount of time you get in somewhat of a funk. I have a theory that weather effects people more than they know. For instance I believe that people from Missouri are pretty crazy and unpredictable and I believe that mostly for the reason that the weather is crazy and unpredictable. One day it will be below freezing and cloudy overall just a shitty day then BAM the temperature will shoot up into the mid seventies and be beautiful. Then there places that it rains constantly were you can find a lot of downers for example in Seattle there is the highest rate of suicides in America. At the other end of the spectrum were it never rains and is hot all the time people seem to become very angry. People in Africa and the Middle East always seem to be in the middle of some wars or massive genocide. But when the weather has an even balance and a steady temperature, not to cold or hot, this climate produces some balanced people for the most part. I came to this conclusion one day while sitting outside on my front porch enjoying the beautiful day when all of a sudden the clouds came pouring in and covering the sky. Then with a crash the rain started coming in a downpour. For some reason I stared to think of the Ozarks being famous for the highest rate of meth labs in the US. So though the progression of my thoughts my mind when to the meth heads that I knew and realized how crazy they were. I’m not saying that the weather is the reason behind their craziness but you’d have to be pretty crazy to cook or even try the drug so I think that their decision to even try the drug was influenced by the weather. I would like to see if there has been any studying on the subject on weather and how that it relates to people’s behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting theory. I can definitely see how the weather might/does affect people's moods... and how weather here in MO, in particular, could provoke people to be unusually moody and unpredictable. Huh, very interesting, indeed.

    ReplyDelete