Monday, April 12, 2010

Mondona was her name

Mondona was her name. I worked at a retail buy and sell video, cd, and video game store and this store defiantly attracted some interesting characters, freaks, geeks, and crazies. But by far the strangest and most certifiably insane out of all of them was named Mondona. For a long time she regularly visited the store and everyone called her Barbie because they didn’t know her name. just to give you somewhat of an insight in to her delirium she once called herself Santa Clause, a super model who was paid billions of dollars a day, and a secret agent who jumped off of the Eiffel Tower and landed on her feet. I believe that she believed every word that she said as well. One day around Christmas some of my co-workers decided that they would tell Mondona that I had crush on her. So that whole week at work she would not leave me alone. She would disrupt my conversations with other customers, one time I was talking to a friend that was a girl so I think Mondona got jealous and came up with a picture of a baby and told my friend that it was my baby. She even brought me a Transformer doll from a McDonald’s happy meal and said it was my Christmas present and that I had to get her one as well. Most of the time I went along with her just because of the crazy and off the wall things that would come spewing out of this crazy lady’s mouth. So told me that we were going to meet up on one of my days off for coffee I said ok not actually intending to follow through with it. But when I got to thinking about the repercussions for not showing up without telling her I got sort of frightened because I could see her following me to my house then coming at me with a steak knife or something. So I decided to try and let her down gently. That did not go over well at all she asked me if I even wanted to see her at all. And I had to be honest. She asked for the doll back that I had left on one of the shelves behind the counter. So I handed it back to her and with great intensity she slammed the doll on the counter and yelled “NOBODY MESSES WITH MONDONA LIKE THIS!!!” then walks out the door never to step foot in the store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment