Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Be Careful at Festivals

Mike and I are walking down this hill to go and chill out at a buddy’s campsite because it is in the wood where there is shade. So we can cool off before the next show. When we get to the bottom of the hill there is a pack of three or four kids walking up the hill toward us. When out of no were one of them collapses to the ground and starts convulsing into a full blown seizure. Mike and I instantly switch our mode of thinking and go up to them to see what was wrong. As we rush over we see that he is foaming at the mouth. “He’s fishing out” exclaimed Mike. Seeing how neither of us had any medical training and his friends didn’t know what was going on because they were as high as he was. Mike ran to go and find a medic. The medics were driving around in gator like vehicles all around the campsite so he knew that he could find one. I stayed with the guy trying to pour my bottle of water into his mouth because I thought that he needed to re-hydrate. Before Mike got back with the medic the guy snapped out of it and stood up not knowing where he was, who he was or what had just happened. While I stood there and stared at this dazed individual I thought to myself, I’m am never going to get to that point. After I made sure that he was alright me and mike continued with our journey to Chance’s camp site. I don’t remember that guys face and I doubt that he remembers me but I will never forget what happened. This shows you to never mix drugs with blistering heat and be careful what you buy from people at a festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment