Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reflection on Blogging

At first I didn’t think that I was capable of writing that many blogs. After the first one I realized that 300 words wasn’t such a big deal. At the beginning I pretty much stuck to the premise of writing every day. It wasn’t till the end of the assignment when I started to slack off. There was only two blogs that I didn’t write down on paper before I typed them. It was the typing vs. writing and this one. It really helped to write down my thoughts before I started to type because I can write virtually anywhere. And the ability to stop and look outside or to be comfortable on the couch helps me with my mind flow. I did notice that my fluency started to improve as I went along. It seemed that I would get the blog entries out of the way faster and faster each time and with more ease. I read some of my classmate’s blogs and some of them were pretty good. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the level of some of them. I just can’t seem to creatively state my words that well. I can’t remember if the refection is supposed to be 300 words or not so ill reflect on the picture that I drew. The first one “Created with Blues Traveler” is a tree standing by its self at night naked in the winter that is kind of how I felt that day I was by myself with nothing to warm me. The next one that I posted “Flower with Tree Roots” was the lonely tree that had met and fused with a beautiful being, the flower. I think I like this sketch the best out of all the ones that I created recently. The next one “?????????” I felt a little crazy that day I was thinking in multiples of three that is why there are three trunks and 9 question marks. The last one “Pushing Away the Pusher Man” is me pushing the addictive thoughts out of my head and away the dealers in my life. Overall I believe that blogging helped out my fluency with writing even though I didn’t enjoy all of it. But I did write almost every day at the beginning but if you check the dates they won’t be right because I wrote most of them down then typed a couple at a time most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Jacob - I wished you had pushed yourself to listen to me and read the requirements of this assignment. In class we have discussed over and over that it is about what you write not about how many words. The word counts are there as a guide. Meeting the word count does not, in no way, guarantee the A. You say here that blogging aided your fluency but you do not say how. You refer to blog entries, but merely give a summary. Why did you go back to look at them? What do they mean? How does this impact you as a student? A writer?

    ReplyDelete