Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Blog of Rambling

What does it mean to be an old soul? I was told that I was an old soul today, but I’m not quite sure what that means. The subject that brought this thought up was when my neighbor and I were talking about music and what kind of music that we thought was good or bad. She is quite a bit older than I am, well maybe not quite a bit older but at least ten or fifteen years older than me. She seemed to like most of the same type of music that I enjoyed, and she agreed that most rap is a bunch of crap. The one type of music that I disagreed with her on was her love of 80’s music. Now don’t get me wrong there are musicians from the 80’s that didn’t totally blow, but most of the ones that she likes are lipstick wearing hair bands, such as Poison and Bon Jovi. The music that she didn’t agree with that I liked was 90’s grunge bands like Nirvana and Blind Melon. The decades that we had the most musical taste in common with was the 60’s and 70’s cause we agreed that there has yet to be anyone to surpass the music that was created in that era. I guess that is what she meant when she said that I had an old soul, not liking anything that has been created in mainstream music in the past few years. If anyone that reads this could tell me their interpretation of what the term “old soul” means to them, well I’d just be jibbered. I think that the word jibbered is my new favorite word but I don’t exactly know what it means. So if someone could give me their interpretation of the words jibbered and old soul it would be greatly appreciated. Tonight I am listening to Leon Russell and if you get a chance to listen to him my suggestion is to do so. He is a bluesy soul musician from the 70’s he also gets some inspiration from southern gospel and Cajun music. I’m pretty excited that I get to go and see him in June. He is going to be performing with Doctor John in Lampe, MO the weekend of my birthday (June 15). My dad is taking me to the show. I love going to shows with my dad, mostly for the time we get to spend together and partly that he buys the beer and food while we are there. My dad is pretty much the shiz.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting post. You limit your audience, but that is what you can do in blogging. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete